National Student Speech-Language-Hearing Association
The National Student Speech-Language-Hearing Association (NSSLHA) is an organization for pre-professional students who are interested in the study of communication and its related disorders. Membership is available to full- or part-time undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral students enrolled in a communication science or related program.
Membership benefits of NSSLHA include but are not limited to:
- A NSSLHA publication (Contemporary Issues in Communication Science and Disorders); NSSLHA newsletters; a subscription to the ASHA Leader; and a subscription to a journal publication;
- The ability to access the member's only area of the ASHA web site where full text journal articles are available;
- A reduction in ASHA convention registration fees; and
- Eligibility to receive a reduction in fees and dues for your first year of ASHA certification and membership
- Visit http://nsslha.org for additional information.
Louisiana Tech's Chapter of NSSLHA
The Louisiana Tech Chapter of NSSLHA is a student-run organization that is active in the surrounding community. The local chapter participates in several events including a Fall Halloween Bash at the Methodist Children’s Home and a May Picnic for clients seen at the Louisiana Tech Speech and Hearing Center. The local chapter of NSSLHA is also active in fundraising events for donations to such charities as Operation Smile and St. Jude's Research Hospital. The local chapter of NSSLHA also purchases toys and materials for the Louisiana Tech Speech and Hearing Center.