Rho Gamma Chapter
See the link below for information on Louisiana Tech's English Honors Society:
Sigma Tau Delta: English Honor Society
Other programs and resources
- Graduate E-Certificate in Technical Writing and Communication
- Study Abroad Programs
- JET (The Japan Exchange and Teaching) Program—Homepage
- Tech—Florence Study Abroad
- Scholarship Application Form for Mary Alice Posey Garrett and English Department Study
Abroad. The Mary Alice Posey Garrett English Scholarship shall be awarded to approximately
one student per academic year for $400-$1,000 and is available for renewal. Its designated use is for study abroad.
- The recipient must be a transfer student, continuing freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior English major
- The recipient must maintain a 3.0 GPA at the end of the academic year
- The recipient should show promise of classroom teacher of English
- The recipient must remain a full-time student during the time they hold the scholarship
Application Deadline: March 1
Award Decision: May 1
- The due date for all other scholarships is May 1. Award decisions will be September 1. Scholarships are awarded for the following academic year, September-May, as the awards committee deems fit. Please email all applications to Dr. Susan Roach, Chair, Department of English at MSRoach@latech.edu.
- For each scholarship please attach an essay of 1-2 double-spaced pages on how the scholarship will help you achieve your future career goals. You may use the same essay for each scholarship.
- Application form for our other scholarships. Below you will find specific requirements for all scholarships: