The Department of English offers the following undergraduate concentrations for the
B. A. in English:
- Bachelor of Arts in English with a Literature concentration focuses on literary history, literary forms and theory, and the wide variety of texts from English and American literature, as well as masterpieces from other literature in English translation.
- Bachelor of Arts in English with a Concentration in Creative Writing focuses on literature and the practice and art of writing fiction, poetry, drama, and/or other creative forms.
- Bachelor of Arts in English with a Concentration in Technical Writing focuses on learning to create, edit, and publish professional documents needed in the workplace.
- A minor in English is designed for those who have a strong interest in English as a secondary subject; it consists of 21 semester hours of English courses, including English 101, 102, English 210 or 211, English 212, English 415, and 6 additional hours at the 300/400 level.
- A minor in Technical Writing is designed for those who have a strong interest in the special field of technical writing; it consists of English 101, 102, 3 hours at the 200-level, English 303, and 9 additional hours at the 300/400 level of any courses listed in the Technical Writing Concentration.
Requirements for English majors and minors are found in the University catalog.