Cast announced for ‘Church & State’
Louisiana Tech’s Department of Theatre has announced the cast for Church & State, the spring’s virtual production of a dark and increasingly relevant dramedy written by award-winning playwright Jason Odell Williams, directed by Cherrie Sciro and assisted by Katie Brumfield.
Fast-paced throughout, the play involves the Senate campaign trail, truth and doubt, wisecracks, laughter, and grace as the cast navigates the ups and downs of a hectic political landscape.
Church & State will be livestreamed for free through Tech Theatre’s Twitch platform (twitch.tv/techtheatredept) April 27-May 1 at 7:30 p.m. and May 2 at 2 p.m.
Here’s the cast:
- Brett Chase as Charlie Whitmore (Lake Charles)
- Laney Goodwin as Sara Whitmore (West Monroe)
- Blair O’Blanc as Alex Klein (Lake Charles)
- Quinn Cooney as Tom (Mandeville)
- Jatavion Jackson as Marshall (Doyline)
- Jacie Brent as Reporter (Minden)
- Kalyn Cormier as Reporter (Lafayette)
- Breyton Mastronuzzi as Reporter (Bossier City)
- Kelsey Meshell as Reporter (Bossier City)
- Tanner Norred as Reporter (Choudrant)
- Cameron Vidos as Reporter (Kingwood, Texas)
Follow all production progress @techtheatredept on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. For more information about Tech’s Department of Theatre, visit latechuniversitytheatre.com, “like” Facebook.com/TechTheatreDept, and follow on Twitter and Instagram at @techtheatredept.
Church & State was named one of the Top Ten Theatrical Productions of 2016 by the Huffington Post, nominated for Best New Play by the Off- Broadway Alliance, and nominated for three L.A. Ovation Awards, including Best Playwriting for an Original Play.