COLLEGE OF LIBERAL ARTSAs part of Louisiana Tech University, the College of Liberal Arts is committed to the University's dedication to quality in teaching, in research and creative activity, and in public service. APPLY NOW
As part of Louisiana Tech University, the College of Liberal Arts is committed to the University’s dedication to quality in teaching, in research and creative activity, and in public service: First and foremost, the College of Liberal Arts seeks to support the mission of Louisiana Tech University in maintaining “a faculty committed to teaching and advising, a student-oriented faculty dedicated to preparing students to achieve their goals in a rapidly changing economic and civic environment… a faculty that will through both theoretical and applied research and creative activities, contribute to the development of new knowledge, new art, and new technology.”
School of Communication
School of Design
School of History & Social Science
School of Literature & Language
Division of Performing Arts
Specific Goals of the College of Liberal Arts
Students in the College of Liberal Arts become acquainted with many areas of intellectual interest and acquire a thorough knowledge of a specific field through the courses in their major field. This liberal arts education prepares students for business and professional careers as well as providing the basis for a richer and better life. To bring about these ends, The College of Liberal Arts serves both its own majors and the University community in the following ways:
- Offering courses in such areas as English, history, foreign languages, the arts, and social sciences which are required in many of the curricula at Louisiana Tech University;
- Providing traditional humanities and arts courses for students desiring minor fields of study, for non-traditional students who may or may not seek a degree, and for any other student interested in learning about various areas of liberal arts;
- Providing pre-professional training for those students who intend to study law and speech-language pathology or audiology;
- Assisting in the preparation of prospective teachers who desire to major in such subjects as art, English, foreign languages, music, social science, and speech;
- Providing specialized training for vocations in such fields as architecture, aviation, graphic design, interior design, journalism, music, and theatre; and
- Providing graduate training leading toward Master of Arts, Master of Fine Arts, and doctoral degrees.
Ready to join the College of Liberal Arts? We have a degree program for you!
The future is bright in the Liberal Arts. Louisiana Tech is growing we’re growing along with it.